Thursday, January 16, 2020

Growing My Growth Mindset

Growth mindset seems be a very useful tool in college careers. I know I personally suffered from the results having the type of childhood critiqued by Carol Dweck in her first video. Growing up, I easily aced all of my classes very little effort. This has taught me to fear failure, avoid challenges, and to not valued learning purely for the sake of learning as much as I should. Having failed two classes in my undergraduate career thus far, I believe that focusing on a “not yet” frame of mind will help me to not only complete my studies, but succeed in life overall. Not to mention keep me sane. This semester I am excited to explore the mantra/motto option for growth mindset extra credit. I’m always looking for cute quotes to put on the dry erase board on my fridge. Here’s to a semester of “not yet”!

Adorable Growth Mindset Kitty has an important message (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment