Monday, January 27, 2020

Topic Brainstorm

I started out in the Project Ideas Index. The Weapons of the Gods suggestion was the first to catch my eye. My mind immediately went to a weapons store walk through, which had apparently already been done. I'm sure I would have no problem making making my project unique though, so it's still a possibility.

The next suggested topic that inspired an idea was the Loving Couples one. I think it would be neat to research the couples in these epics and make a spoof dating profile site. Maybe joint facebook or instagram accounts? I'm not 100% sure what I would do, but I think some fun could be had with that topic.

Of course I couldn't see the word "Food" listed and not check it out. Unfortunately, only one of the two listed projects linked was still up, but the Indian Scrapbook project looked to really well done (and made me hungry!) Using my project as an excuse to eat indian food would not be a terrible idea. Maybe I could attempt to recreate dishes specifically mentioned in the stories a la Binging with Babish.

Finally, I think focusing on reincarnation could be a good back up if one of these other three don't work out. It's such a broad topic with so many possible applications in fiction writing that it's a solid choice for any style of writing.

There was a project I remembered seeing when I took Myth and Folklore that was a Choose Your Own Adventure design. I think that would be a fun idea to explore too! Here it is

Via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment