Monday, March 2, 2020

Learning Challenge: Sleep is for the Weak

I read the article Why Sleeping May Be More Important Than Studying by Katrina Schwartz. I knew that the law of diminishing returns applied to late night homework sessions. I usually try to be good about going to bed for a quick cat nap rather than trying to force myself to power through a report or test review. It's important to remember that at a certain point, sleep deprivation can slow your processing speeds to a point that it's actually faster to go to sleep and try again in the morning than it is to keep pushing through. Of course this is all being typed in the student union at 4am as I chug a monster, but oh well. I did find it interesting that the article mentioned a link to depression. I know quite a few people (myself included) who have been struggling lately. I really just need to prioritize my sleep schedule and mental health. The thought is that pulling an all nighter tonight will allow me to finally get on top of my back log of homework and have a more relaxed week or two to catch up on some sleep. I'm just trying to make it to spring break at this point to be honest.

What I should be doing right now...
via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment