Sunday, April 19, 2020

Microfiction: Don't Mess with Dragons

A Two-Sentence Dribble Story: Word Count 33

The great, green, scaly, hungry dragon with wings uses his sulphur-smelling fire breath to roast the knight attacking him with his long, sharp, shiny, metal sword. The snack is crunchy, salty, and delicious.

via HD Wallpaper


Twitterature: Character Count 132 /140

Squire William Smith III @Squire_Will3
OMG! @Knight_in_Shining_Armour just got roasted by a dragon! Rip bro...
#RIP #Roasted #DontMessWithDragons #Unemployed #Squire4Hire

Danny the Dragon @Hangry_Dragon
Replying to @Squire_Will3 and @Knight_in_Shining_Armour
My b dude. You know how I get when I'm hungry...

SNICKERS @SNICKERS
Replying to @Hangry_Dragon @Squire_Will3 and @Knight_in_Shining_Armour
It's okay @Hangry_Dragon, you're not you when you're hungry



Author's Note:

The original plan was to us a lot of adjectives in the first story, then write the same thing as a simplified hint fiction (no more than than 25 words). However, when I went to type it, the twitterature popped into my head. The original post is the microfiction and the replies were just because I couldn't help myself ðŸ˜‚. I only included the body of the tweet (not the user name and handle) in the word count, just like twitter. Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica! Okay, first of all, this is so fun to read!! You are very creative in the way you put together this microfiction to tell a whole story!! I also like that you added some tweets, they are a good counter to the formal sentence in the first part (like a blend of new and old!). I also loved the picture!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete