Thursday, January 16, 2020

Storybook Favorites

1) Karma, Sarah Bentz

I  chose to check out this particular project because I absolutely LOVE the tv show The Good Place. C'mon season 4! Get on Netflix already! I think the introduction did a good job of introducing the concepts and inspirations behind the project. I also found it very interesting and fun that Sarah embedded the trailer for the show in her homepage for those that hadn't seen it. My one critique is that the author's notes were MAJOR spoiler alerts for the show!

2) Looney Tunes Goes to India

This project explores the adaptation of four indian tales into the playful set up of Bugs Bunny and crew. The charming, witty banter brought some lightheartedness to what I imagine were originally pretty dark tales. The homepage gives little synopsis of the stories available. I fell that it would have been better had the synopsis and/or the pictures been hyperlinks the the stories they represented. The original author has since removed their blog, so I have no way of knowing who they are.

3) Voldemort's Reincarnation, Urvi

The Harry Potter spin immediately caught my attention for this particular project. The introduction did a really good job of explaining how the stories from class were going to be tied into her telling of the popular story line. I thought it was a neat twist to focus on reincarnation! Using the Patil twins to narrate was also a great choice and helped in keeping the story authentic and more realistic. Having also briefly skimmed the author's blog page, it seems that Urvi actually grew up with a lot of the stories covered in this class, which is super cool!

For all of the projects above, I do wonder about copyrights with the images used, but they all work beautifully with the stories being told.

Stories are just portals to other worlds (Pixabay)

No comments:

Post a Comment