Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

To start off this semester, I think I'll be sticking to the public domain option for Ramayana. The layout for that mirrors how things were organized when I took the Myth and Folklore class and will decrease the amount of effort needed to get "back in the swing of things" so to speak. Plus, that's one less book I'll have to buy. I'm already in three science courses, and the class materials are NOT cheap.

The two comics I read through were Hanuman to the Rescue: Hanuman Brings the Sanjeevani and Hanuman: The Epitome of Devotion and Courage

These two in particular caught my eye because I recognized Hanuman's name from the video embedded in the overview page

As it turns out, the two stories were actually connected! I of course managed to read them out of order, but it was an enjoyable surprise nonetheless.

When I moved on to the video section, Ancient Technology - Atlantis and India caught my eye right away because I love the idea of  Atlantis. Next I clicked on Hindu Creation Stories to learn about Hinduisms particular take on the creation of the world. I'm a fan of the idea that the truth lies in the middle of all of the world's religious teachings. The more data you have, the more accurate your average should be.

This of course led to Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology being auto played next, which I had to stick around for because, well, it's Harry Potter!

The monkey god Hanuman, who is so muscular and defined in nearly all of his visual representations that it makes me uncomfy
(via Good Free Photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment